What the new spay/neuter clinic will do
Having a spay/neuter clinic will allow SNYP to:
- Increase the number of surgeries performed annually
- Continue to serve the underserved population in Jackson County
- Expand our services to neighboring Josephine, Klamath and Siskiyou counties
- Grow our community (feral and stray) cat services
- Support shelters spay/neuter before adoption needs in three counties
- Introduce new spay/neuter services for specialty breeds such as Pit Bulls and Chihuahuas
In the past, SNYP was able to facilitate up to 3,400 spays and neuters per year. Our goal is to increase this number to over 5,000 per year.
Increase number of counties served
Increase number of shelter partners
Increase number of surgeries per year
Amount needed for start-up and special programs
The SNYP donor wall will be built in the lobby of our new clinic and feature handmade ceramic paws prominently engraved with the name of the donor and when appropriate, the company logo. Donor plaques start at a $500 gift.
Amount needed for start-up
Amount needed for special programs
Amount raised as of December 28, 2018
|Surgical Tables (2)||$4477|
|Surgical Lights (2)||$4848|
|Anesthesia machines (2)||$10,180|
|Autoclave and instruments||$7,574|
|Exam table and respiratory monitors||$4,187|
– 2 dog runs
– Small dog kennels
– Cat kennels
|Clinic software – annual fee||$1,200|
|Speed Queen washer and dryer||$1,700|
For need-based clients: provides $25 subsidy for 400 individuals
|Community Cat Program
Support SNYP’s feral work through financial funding of regular mini-fix-a-thons. Program includes additional vet and vet tech expenses, medication and vaccinations. $1,400 per mini-fix-a-thon.
|Special Breed Programs
Support special discount campaigns for Pit Bulls and Chihuahuas. The program includes an incentive subsidy at $50 for 100 dogs.
|$5,000 per breed|
Help make our clinic possible.
Every dollar helps!
Maybe you have one or two in your closet?
- Office supplies (staplers, copy paper, scissors, pens, sharpies, etc.)
- Metal storage racks (3)
- Small cat food bowls
- Cleaning supplies
- Surge protectors (3)
- Office chair with rollers
- Hudson sprayer
- Building a storage shed to securely store humane cat traps and feral fix-a-thon mash unit supplies
- Helping install the kennels and dog runs
- If you are a social media maven we’d love your help! Getting the word out is an important part of making the clinic happen.