How we help
From basic referral services to hands on trap/neuter/return efforts SNYP has developed programs to meet the needs of our community.
SNYP programs include:
1) A referral service providing information on all known low cost spay/neuter programs in Jackson County. Call our helpline at 541-858-3325 for more info.
2) A subsidized spay/neuter assistance program for members of our community who otherwise cannot afford to have their pets spayed or neutered. Through careful review we determine if pet owners need basic low-cost information or partial subsidizing.
The SNYP need-based subsidy program is made possible through the participation of a number of dedicated veterinary offices in the Rogue Valley who provide their services to SNYP’s need-based clientele at discount prices – thus reducing the amount of funding needed by SNYP to subsidize each surgery. Please thank the veterinary clinics for their participation and support if you end up using this program.
To access the SNYP Assistance Program:
Call the SNYP help line at 541-858-3325
and leave your phone number and best time to call you.
One of our phone counselors will call to discuss your individual needs.
Speaking directly to clients helps us determine how we can help you best.
3) SNYP organizes seasonal campaigns such as our February Prevent a Litter and October Tom & Mom month long programs. These seasonal events are created to help curb the damage done during the spring and fall breeding seasons and are available to anyone in Jackson County. MORE >>
4) SNYP also creates special programs for specific members of our community – these include: the SAV Program (Special Assistance Voucher Program) for very low-income pet owners, the Fix-It Ticket Program, and the Feral Cat Program.
- SAV Program (Special Assistance Voucher Program)- SNYP works with caseworkers from human assistance organizations such as OnTrack, ACCESS and the Healthy Start Program and refers those clients needing our help. We contact the clients directly and get them a Special Assistance Voucher to cover the costs of neutering their animals.
- Fix-It Ticket – SNYP encourages the rescue of stray and abandoned tame cats by providing discounted spay/neuter assistance for rescued cats. MORE >>
- Feral Cat Program – SNYP Works with Feral Cat Caregivers to trap-neuter-release feral (wild) cats. Whenever possible the animals are tamed and adopted. Please click on the above link for more information about this valuable program. MORE >>
- Barn Cat Program – SNYP works with feral colony caregivers and homeowners with barns to carefully rehome feral cats – improving their quality of live immeasurably. MORE >>
The success of SNYP’s programs is dependent solely on the generous participation of the Rogue Valley’s veterinary offices. We appreciate their willingness to offer reduced rates on spaying and neutering through our assistance and special, time limited seasonal campaigns. Our programs would not be possible without local veterinarians support.
Please thank the participating veterinarians
and clinic staff when using our services.