Feral shelter heros
Thank you Debbie and Wanda for making a mountain of feral kitty houses! Thanks to you, a lot of feral cats will be dry and warm this winter.
- Line the bottom with 1) thick layer of newspaper, 2)straw bedding or fleece blankets.
- Do not use cotton; it absorbs moisture, makes cat wet and cold.
- Camouflage is good, so paint the shelter to match the environment, brown and green are good colors.
- Best to elevate the kitty house on 2 x 4’s or pallet.
- Styrofoam boxes can usually be found at medical facilities.